At River of Life Church, we adhere to the core tenets
of Biblical Christianity without reservation. We believe that God is real, not
some storybook character, and that the Bible tells the story of His loving
pursuit of people like us. We believe that God showed His great and loving
pursuit of people by sending His Son as a sacrifice for all the things in our
lives (like bitterness, selfishness, and broken integrity) that separate us
from His love and acceptance. Through joining the journey with Jesus, we can be
reconciled to God our Father and experience the joy of knowing Him and being
known, loved, and perfectly accepted by Him. In fact, our mission is
"Connecting People with the Love of God!"
Statement of Core Beliefs:
- God is real. He reveals himself to us as three persons: Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God's only son. Out of his love for us, he came to
this world to show us God and to give his life to pay the penalty for our sins.
By doing so he satisfied God's justice and demonstrated God's love and mercy
towards us. Although he died, he rose again, triumphant over death.
- The Holy Spirit is God's agent in the world today, guiding,
teaching, and empowering believers and appealing to non-believers.
- The Bible is the trustworthy record of God's work in history to
reconcile the world to himself and a trustworthy guide of how to live today.
- All of us are guilty of rejecting God and his ways and are subject
to the deadly consequences of that rejection.
- God freely rescues all who trust in Jesus from those deadly
consequences, adopting us into his family, transforming our lives, and giving
us love, belonging, meaning, truth, freedom, life, and hope.
- God works in our lives through the Holy Spirit to transform us
into people suitable for relationship with him. He expects us to actively
participate in the transformation process.
- God is intimately involved in our lives, even in the healing of
- God intends those who trust in Jesus to join together to love and
support one another as followers of Jesus and to share God's love and
life-changing truth with the rest of the world. He asks us to publicly
demonstrate our trust in Him through baptism and to remember Jesus by observing
the Lord's Supper.
- We expect Jesus to
return to raise the dead. Those that don't trust in Him will be subject to
separation from God. Those that do trust in Him will be given new bodies and
the gift of eternal life.
- Jesus asks us to live
our lives fully prepared every day for his return.
Read more about our values and the strategic
initiatives that flow from our beliefs.
|July 28 ||Golf Scramble & BBQ|
|9:30-10:30 AM - Nursery, Kingdom Kids, and Worship Service|
|6:45-8:15 PM - Collision (Youth and Junior High)|